Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is an easy to prepare dish that brings out all the flavors of traditional Jambalaya. You will like this one.
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced,skin removed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 1 can whole tomato, crushed
- 2⁄3 cup long-grain rice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cajun spices
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- Melt butter in a large skillet.
- Sauté the onion, garlic, celery and bell pepper until tender.
- Add canned, crushed, tomatoes with liquid, rice, thyme, basil, Cajun spices, cayenne pepper, chicken broth, chicken, Tabasco and bay leaf.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer, and cook until rice is tender.
Very easy to make, and very very tasty! I am picky about spicy food and this one is a definite favorite:)!
Excellent make ahead meal and can be varied very easily, the kids loved this one and so dod we cheap and very tasty
This is the best Jambalaya I have ever made! I have to triple the recipe whenever I make it. Everyone in my family just loves it--We love the flavoring from all the spices, a perfect combination and so easy to make!