Ever heard of Cajun-Italian? You'll be pleasantly surprised at how well the flavors go together! Give it a try and see for yourself!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 tablespoons cajun seasoning (I use Schilling)
- 1 (10 ounce) packagechopped spinach (thawed and drained)
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 package mostaccioli noodles
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Put noodles on to boil, and boil according to package directions.
- In the meantime, make sauce.
- In a medium sauce pan, melt butter.
- Add flour and blend well.
- Gradually whisk in milk, spinach, cheese, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Cook over medium heat until thickened, stirring frequently.
- Cover and reserve.
- Heat oil over medium high heat in large fry pan.
- Sprinkle chicken liberally with cajun seasoning, and sear chicken on both sides, reduce heat to medium and cook thoroughly (about 10-15 minutes), turning occasionally.
- Serve noodles on plate, top with a chicken breast and spoon sauce over.
- Garnish with freshly chopped parsley and extra parmesan cheese if desired.