Here's a fun and zippy meal that you family is sure to enjoy. You can control the "heat" easily in this one...depending on your family's taste buds. This meal is hearty, filling and oh so tasty...it was enjoyed by everyone at our dinner table!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb fettuccine
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 3 -4 cups milk (depending on how thick or thin you want the sauce)
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken or 2 cups cubed chicken
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- broccoli (side dish)
- green beans (side dish)
- 1Prepare the pasta noodles as directed.
- 2Meanwhile, prepare the cream sauce. Melt the butter in a large skillet. Whisk in the flour, and then quickly whisk in the milk. Bring to slow bubble, then reduce heat to medium. Stir often as it thickens. Once slightly thickened, add the chicken and cajun seasoning, as well as salt and pepper to taste. Let simmer over low heat for a few minutes. If you plan to keep it over heat for more than 10 minutes, gently stir in milk to keep it the thickness you prefer.
- 3Prepare side dishes.
- 4Serve Cajun Chicken Sauce over Fettuccine noodles with vegetable sides.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cajun Chicken Fettuccine
Serving Size: 1 (326 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 800.9
- Calories from Fat 314
- Total Fat 34.8 g
- Saturated Fat 20.1 g
- Cholesterol 182.3 mg
- Sodium 316.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 98.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 23.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: