Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Here's a fun and zippy meal that you family is sure to enjoy. You can control the "heat" easily in this one...depending on your family's taste buds. This meal is hearty, filling and oh so tasty...it was enjoyed by everyone at our dinner table!
- 1 lb fettuccine
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 3 -4 cups milk (depending on how thick or thin you want the sauce)
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken or 2 cups cubed chicken
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- broccoli (side dish)
- green beans (side dish)
- Prepare the pasta noodles as directed.
- Meanwhile, prepare the cream sauce. Melt the butter in a large skillet. Whisk in the flour, and then quickly whisk in the milk. Bring to slow bubble, then reduce heat to medium. Stir often as it thickens. Once slightly thickened, add the chicken and cajun seasoning, as well as salt and pepper to taste. Let simmer over low heat for a few minutes. If you plan to keep it over heat for more than 10 minutes, gently stir in milk to keep it the thickness you prefer.
- Prepare side dishes.
- Serve Cajun Chicken Sauce over Fettuccine noodles with vegetable sides.