Recipe by riffraff
These are spicy but good. I don't like "blackened" stuff but I like these.
Top Review by Just Call Me Martha
These are great! Very easy to make. I think the cast iron pan is critical to properly blacken the chicken. The only substitution made was that I used lime juice instead of lemon juice, and it worked quite well. My son suggested cutting the breasts into bite sized pieces and then serving as an appetizer with a sour cream dip. Not a bad idea either. Great recipe. Thanks for sharing it.
- 1⁄4 cup sweet butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Add lemon juice, herbs, black pepper and salt to taste.
- Continue to cook for several minutes on low heat till herbs soften.
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet to high.
- Coat both sides of the cutlets well with the butter mixture.
- Cook cutlets in cast iron for several minutes on each side.
- When done, the will be black on the outside and tender and juicy on the inside.