Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Taken from an Ontario Chicken Lovers cookbook
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Cut chicken into bite-sized cubes.
- Sprinkle with seasoning mix and toss well.
- Let stand for 15 minutes.
- An a small bowl combine honey and mustard.
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat oil over med-high heat until hot.
- Add chicken cubes and cook, tossing to keep pieces separate.
- Brown on all sides, about 4 minutes.
- If browning too quickly, reduce heat.
- Cook until done, 2-4 minutes.
- Pieces should feel firm without any pink in the center.
- Transfer to serving plate.
- Provide cocktail forks or toothpicks and serve warm with dipping sauce.
this was a nice and easy recipe!! i was looking for a healthy version of chicken nuggets that didn't have any breading. this fit the bill. i used old bay seasoning that i added a tad more chili powder, onion powder and garlic powder to. served with broccoli, salad and my own honey mustard dipping sauce. next time, i think i'll broil my chicken pieces instead of stovetop in pan.
So simple,and so tasty-a really good snack to munch on while watching the game or sharing a few cold beers with friends....!!
These little things are addictive! In each bite you get spicy from the Cajun seasoning, tangy from the Dijon mustard, and sweet from the honey. These would be a great little appetizer or a great anytime snack because they cook up so quickly. I used Pilleteri's Cajun Seasoning. So glad I tried these! Made for PRMR tag game.