Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Mary's famous chicken casarole.
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 cup rice, uncooked
- 1 whole chicken, cut up
- 1 teaspoon sage, chopped
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of onion soup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- Melt margarine in 9x13 baking dish.
- Add rice, spreading evenly in pan.
- Place chicken pieces on rice and add sage.
- Combine soups, water and milk and pour mixture evenly over chicken.
- Cook uncovered for 1 hour at 350 degrees, then cover and cook 1 more hour.