Ray R's Note:
A friend brought this to a pot-luck several years ago. It has been a favorite ever since. Just the right combination of sweet and spicy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons ground cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme, finely crumbled
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups apricot preserves
- 6 tablespoons dijon-style mustard
- 5 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1Combine all dry ingredients in a small bowl or plastic bag and stir or shake to mix well. Sprinkle chicken pieces with spice rub and let stand for about 30 minutes.
- 2To make apricot mustard sauce, combine preserves and mustard in a small saucepan over low heat; stir to mix and heat gently until the preserves melt and are thoroughly blended with the mustard. Set aside to cool.
- 3Heat butter and oil in sauté pan or skillet over medium high heat, add chicken pieces and sauté until just done, about 5 minutes. Remove with slotted spoon and drain briefly on paper towel.
- 4Serve hot with apricot mustard dipping sauce.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cajun Chicken Bites With Apricot Mustard Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (175 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 289.9
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 50.4 mg
- Sodium 363.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 22.3 g
- Protein 17.8 g