Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
A friend brought this to a pot-luck several years ago. It has been a favorite ever since. Just the right combination of sweet and spicy.
- 2 teaspoons ground cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme, finely crumbled
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups apricot preserves
- 6 tablespoons dijon-style mustard
- 5 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Combine all dry ingredients in a small bowl or plastic bag and stir or shake to mix well. Sprinkle chicken pieces with spice rub and let stand for about 30 minutes.
- To make apricot mustard sauce, combine preserves and mustard in a small saucepan over low heat; stir to mix and heat gently until the preserves melt and are thoroughly blended with the mustard. Set aside to cool.
- Heat butter and oil in sauté pan or skillet over medium high heat, add chicken pieces and sauté until just done, about 5 minutes. Remove with slotted spoon and drain briefly on paper towel.
- Serve hot with apricot mustard dipping sauce.