Recipe by SkinnyMinnie
A take off of jambalaya. Serve this over rice, and to be sure this recipe is done in 30 min. start cooking the rice before beginning the recipe. Just keep the rice covered until ready to serve. From Cooking Pleasure magazine.
Top Review by Marysdottir
This was very good and very easy. I will make it again but next time I think I will definitely "spice it up". It was plenty salty (my homemade cajun seasoning is pretty salty) but lacked a little punch. Of course, this could be the cajun seasoning since it is really the only additional flavour in the dish. Make sure you use one you really like. Thanks for posting this. It really was almost exactly what I was looking for today.
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 236.59 ml onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 236.59 ml green bell pepper, chopped
- 226.79 g andouille sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices (smoked sausage can be used)
- 226.79 g boneless skinless chicken breast half, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 (822.13 g) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 9.85-14.78 ml cajun seasoning
- 2.46 ml celery salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat until hot.
- Add onion, garlic, bell pepper and sausage; and cook for 4-5 min or until the onion and bell pepper begin to soften, stirring occasionally.
- Add the chicken and saute for 3-4 min or until the outside of the chicken is no longer pink.
- Stir in the tomatoes, Cajun seasoning and salt.
- Reduce the heat to low.
- Cover and simmer for 10 min or until the chicken is no longer pink in the center.