Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Ready under 60 minutes
- 1 lb linguine or 1 lb fettuccine
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb chicken tenders, each cut lengthwise in half
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 large green pepper, sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream or 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaf, sliced
- Heat large covered saucepot of salted water to boiling over high heat.
- Add pasta; cook as label directs.
- Meanwhile, in nonstick 12-inch skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add chicken and Cajun seasoning and cook 3 to 5 minutes or until chicken just loses its pink color throughout, stirring frequently.
- Transfer chicken to plate.
- In same skillet, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and pepper and cook, covered, 8 to 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender and browned, stirring occasionally.
- Add mushrooms and salt and cook, covered, 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drain linguine, reserving 1/2 cup cooking water.
- Return linguine to saucepot.
- Add cooking water and cream; heat to boiling over medium heat.
- Stir in onion mixture; heat through.
- Remove saucepot from heat; add tomato, basil, and chicken with its juices on plate, and toss to mix well.
We made this last night and followed the recipe, not really impressed. It was rather bland and I like a bit of zip in my food. Will not bother making it again
Delicious and such an easy dinner too! The only changes I made was using dry basil instead of fresh and using whole wheat fettuccine. Thanks for sharing!
Simple and good. I used green, red, and yellow bell peppers since I had them on hand. Thanks for sharing, Charlotte. Made for ZWT9.