1/2 Photos of Cajun Chicken Alfredo Pasta
Cooking Creation's Note:
This is a hearty, creamy and slightly spicy dish that your family will love.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb chicken breast, boneless and skinless cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons dried breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning, divided
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup heavy cream, room temperature
- 1 cup milk, room temperature
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated plus more for topping
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 8 ounces pasta
- 1Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente. Drain and toss with 1 tbsp of the olive oil. Set aside until ready to use.
- 2Meanwhile, make the sauce. Melt the butter in a small pan over medium heat. Stir and cook the garlic for 1 minute. Whisk in the whipping cream, milk and Parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Allow the sauce to simmer over very low heat until ready to use. Do not allow the sauce to come to a boil.
- 3Meanwhile, combine the breadcrumb with the 1 tbsp of the Cajun seasoning in a shallow bowl (I use a resealable bag). Coat the chicken evenly in the breadcrumb mixture.
- 4Heat the remaining 3 tbsp of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook on both sides until the chicken is browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. Drain the chicken on paper towels and set aside.
- 5Pour the Alfredo sauce over the cooked pasta and stir in the cooked chicken. Stir in the mozzarella cheese, the remaining 1 tbsp of the Cajun seasoning (or to taste -- start with 1 tsp at a time if you're unsure) and onion salt. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- 6Garnish with parsley.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cajun Chicken Alfredo Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (491 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 961.0
- Calories from Fat 603
- Total Fat 67.0 g
- Saturated Fat 31.3 g
- Cholesterol 211.8 mg
- Sodium 419.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 38.9 g