Recipe by MommyMakes
This dish can be made two ways: 1. The easy weeknight throw together way, 2. The good for company restaurant style way. I thought this way extremely spicy, my husband thought it was perfect so, spice to taste. Serve with salad and bread! I made the cream cheese a range, I prefer it with less but have added more to cut the spiciness when making it for both of us, so taste and add as desired.
Top Review by gypsyjazz1150_11823878
This is a truly yummy recipe. The only things I did differently was to deglaze with white wine before adding the cream, and then I added about 1/2 cup chopped scallions. WONDERFUL!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup butter, divided
- 2 cups half-and-half or 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 -8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces fettuccine or 8 ounces other type pasta
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, less if desired
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare noodles according to package directions and set aside.
- Trim chicken breasts of fat and cut into bite sized pieces. (If doing restaurant style you may prefer to leave the breasts whole or cut into strips, up to you).
- Saute chicken in butter. If you are doing restaurant style us only 1-2 tbsp of butter, reserving the rest.
- Add cajun seasoning to chicken while it sautes, adding the ingredients to taste, you can always add more later.
- For family style, once chicken is cooked, stir in half and half or cream and cheeses. Bring to a low boil and stir until melted and creamy. Toss with pasta and serve!
- For restaurant style, melt remaining butter in a medium sauce pan, add half and half or cream. Melt in cheeses, stir to combine. Toss with pasta and place chicken on top.