This dish can be made two ways: 1. The easy weeknight throw together way, 2. The good for company restaurant style way. I thought this way extremely spicy, my husband thought it was perfect so, spice to taste. Serve with salad and bread! I made the cream cheese a range, I prefer it with less but have added more to cut the spiciness when making it for both of us, so taste and add as desired.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 2 cups half-and-half or 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 -8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces fettuccine or 8 ounces other type pasta
- 1Prepare noodles according to package directions and set aside.
- 2Trim chicken breasts of fat and cut into bite sized pieces. (If doing restaurant style you may prefer to leave the breasts whole or cut into strips, up to you).
- 3Saute chicken in butter. If you are doing restaurant style us only 1-2 tbsp of butter, reserving the rest.
- 4Add cajun seasoning to chicken while it sautes, adding the ingredients to taste, you can always add more later.
- 5For family style, once chicken is cooked, stir in half and half or cream and cheeses. Bring to a low boil and stir until melted and creamy. Toss with pasta and serve!
- 6For restaurant style, melt remaining butter in a medium sauce pan, add half and half or cream. Melt in cheeses, stir to combine. Toss with pasta and place chicken on top.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cajun Chicken Alfredo Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (347 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 742.2
- Calories from Fat 371
- Total Fat 41.2 g
- Saturated Fat 24.3 g
- Cholesterol 228.2 mg
- Sodium 400.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 43.9 g