I love this pasta! It almost resembles Red Lobster's alfredo sauce. It's great! You can even use seafood instead or go meatless!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into thin strips
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 -2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces linguine, cooked and drained
- grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Place chicken and Cajun seasoning in a bowl or resealable plastic bag, toss or shake to coat.
- In a large skillet over medium heat sauté chicken in butter until almost tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add onion; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes.
- Reduce heat.
- Add cream and seasonings -- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper ; heat through.
- Add linguine and toss; heat through.