Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love this pasta! It almost resembles Red Lobster's alfredo sauce. It's great! You can even use seafood instead or go meatless!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into thin strips
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 -2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces linguine, cooked and drained
- grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Place chicken and Cajun seasoning in a bowl or resealable plastic bag, toss or shake to coat.
- In a large skillet over medium heat sauté chicken in butter until almost tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add onion; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes.
- Reduce heat.
- Add cream and seasonings -- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper ; heat through.
- Add linguine and toss; heat through.
this was good. i did have a problem with getting the sauce to thicken. I now just read and see some added the parmesan cheese to thicken it up. i went old school and mixed some flour with hot water and gradually added it to the sauce and it thickened up. i think next time i w t it more spicy as well as add some mushrooms to it
From the first time I made this it became one of our favorite meals. No need to change it at all, but we love mushrooms so I added half a package of sliced mushrooms. The seasonings are delicious.
Awesome recipe! My kids ask for it almost weekly now. No leftovers, and after doubling it once, was gone by the next day! The only change I made was using penne pasta- it was all I had at the time and now the youngins will have it with nothing else. Thanks.