Recipe by Chef lamore
Comfort dish for fall or winter. serve with noodles or rice
Top Review by CJAY
I adore anything cajun and this didn't disappoint. Simple to make and tasted awesome. I served it with steamed rice and a stuffed avocado. Thanks for sharing a recipe that I know I'll make often. Made for Spring PAC 2012.
- 8 slices bacon, fried, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 8 chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry bacon in skillet remove bacon set aside to cool.
- Chop up green pepper onions celery and garlic place in skillet with bacon grease. Sauté till tender. Crumble up bacon and add to vegetables. Remove from grease and put in crock pot.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of Cajun seasoning on chicken thighs. Brown in grease from bacon and then put chicken in crock pot with vegetables. Pour juices from bacon and vegetables over chicken.
- Pour tomatoes over chicken and add the other tablespoon of Cajun seasoning. Cover and cook on low in crock pot 6 to 8 hours.
- Serve over noodles or rice.