1 hr 20 mins
Bonnie Young's Note:
If you like a little spice in your snacks this recipe is for you. I make this year around for camping and snacking but especially at Christmas for gift giving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 5 cups small pretzels
- 4 cups corn chips
- 4 cups Wheat Chex
- 4 cups Cheerios toasted oat cereal
- 3 cups mixed nuts or 3 cups peanuts
- 1Melt butter in medium saucepan.
- 2Add everything but cereals, pretzels, cheerios and nuts to butter.
- 3Heat to just below boiling.
- 4Mix together cereals, pretzels and nuts in large roasting pan.
- 5Pour butter mixture over gradually mixing all together.
- 6Bake@ 300 degrees for 45 minutes stirring every 15 minutes.
- 7Cool and store in plastic bags.
- 8This freezes well.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cajun Chex Mix
Serving Size: 1 (981 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 991.0
- Calories from Fat 729
- Total Fat 81.0 g
- Saturated Fat 29.3 g
- Cholesterol 97.6 mg
- Sodium 1265.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.0 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 19.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: