Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
If you like a little spice in your snacks this recipe is for you. I make this year around for camping and snacking but especially at Christmas for gift giving.
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 5 cups small pretzels
- 4 cups corn chips
- 4 cups Wheat Chex
- 4 cups Cheerios toasted oat cereal
- 3 cups mixed nuts or 3 cups peanuts
- Melt butter in medium saucepan.
- Add everything but cereals, pretzels, cheerios and nuts to butter.
- Heat to just below boiling.
- Mix together cereals, pretzels and nuts in large roasting pan.
- Pour butter mixture over gradually mixing all together.
- Bake@ 300 degrees for 45 minutes stirring every 15 minutes.
- Cool and store in plastic bags.
- This freezes well.
This was a good base recipe for me, but I prefer something with more spice to it. The spices together I found nice, but just not spicy enough, so I upped the Tabasco to 3 teaspoons, the Worcestershire sauce to 4 tablespoons and about 1 teaspoon of red cayenne pepper and I still didn't find it very hot or spicy. But I am definitley going to keep this recipe as a base and just adjust the spices according to my tastes.
This is good, although it needed more spice for my tastes. I will keep the recipe but will add more hot sauce or something, needs to be tweeked.
This snack is so good! I really like that the spice is just right...not too hot and not too bland. Perfect! I can't wait to make this again, esepcially when the holidays come around. Thank you for sharing your recipe Bonnie!