Recipe by Sherrybeth
This is a great dip/topping for chips and crackers. It is always a winner at any gathering I take it too. Cook time is chilling time.
Top Review by Brandyberry
I used black beans and dried cilantro because its what I had on hand and sub'd cajun seasoning for the cumin because I wanted that flavor. Followed the rest of the recipe and got a great appetizer for our fish boil last night. We really enjoyed it. Perfect amount of heat - it lingered but wasn't too hot.
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can black-eyed peas, drained
- 1⁄2 cup bell pepper, chopped (I use a mixture of red and yellow peppers)
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced (large)
- 1⁄3 cup pickled jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil