Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe came on a postcard in the mail from a group of realtors.I took it as an appetizer to a party and it was gobbled up!Make sure you have plenty of crusty French bread slices to serve with this and to mop up the yummy sauce!
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 lb small shrimp, peeled
- 1⁄2 lb crayfish tail, peeled (available in the freezer section here in Texas)
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup bell pepper, diced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons creole seasoning
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dried thyme
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- hot sauce
- 1 cup green onion, diced with green tops
- In a heavy skillet, heat 1 stick butter to sizzling.
- Saute' shrimp and crawfish on high heat for 4 minutes, then remove with slotted spoon, draining juices back into pan.
- Finely chop, but do not puree, seafood in food processor and set aside.
- Mince onions, celery and green pepper in food processor, then place in sieve to drain off excess liquid.
- Preheat skillet, adding the remaining stick of butter.
- Add creole seasoning and vegetables and saute' on high heat for 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat and stir in basil, thyme,garlic and cook for 5 minutes longer.
- Add seafood, Worcestershire, flour and tomato paste to the vegetable mixture. Cook and stir for 5 minutes.
- Add the green onions, salt, and hot sauce to taste and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Serve warm, spread on crusty French bread slices. Garlic bread slices are also good too!
This is really good. I followed your suggestion of spreading it on French bread and ended up eating most of it by myself, in one sitting!Thanks!