In 'Pastry Queen Parties' by Rebecca Rather
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 large catfish fillets (or other white fish fillets)
- 1/4 cup cajun seasoning (such as Paul Prudhomme's Seafood Magic)
- 2 (7 ounce) cans chipotle chiles in adobo (reserve 2 whole chiles for the mayo recipe)
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup olive oil
- 24 medium corn tortillas (or small flour tortillas)
- 1 head cabbage, thinly sliced (red or green)
- 2 large limes, cut into wedges
- 1Marinate the fish--pat the fillets dry and spread them in 1 layer on a rimmed 13 x 18 inch baking sheet (they can be close together but not overlapping).
- 2Liberally sprinkle cajun seasoning on both sides of the fillets.
- 3Puree the chipotle peppers (minus the 2 reserved chiles) and their sauce in the work bowl of a food processor fitted with the metal blade.
- 4Add the lemon juice and olive oil and pulse a few times until the mixture is combined.
- 5Pour the mixture over the seasoned catfish.
- 6Cover the fish with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- 7Preheat the oven to 350°.
- 8Bake until the fish begins to flake when pulled apart with a fork, 20-25 minutes; keep warm.
- 9Make the mayonnaise--whirl the mayonnaise, 2 reserved chipotle chiles, lime juice, creole mustard, and salt in the work bowl of a food processor fitted with the metal blade until blended.
- 10Scrape into a small bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 11To serve--use a spatula to cut the fish into manageable portions and leave them on the baking sheet so guests can serve themselves.
- 12Set out warm tortillas, sliced cabbage, chipotle mayo, and lime wedges, allowing guests to custom-build their own tacos.
Browse Our Top Catfish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Catfish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cajun Catfish Tacos With Chipotle Mayonnaise
Serving Size: 1 (362 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 671.7
- Calories from Fat 395
- Total Fat 43.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 115.1 mg
- Sodium 734.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 33.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo