Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- Wash the fish fillets and pat dry.
- In a bowl mix the ground wheat flakes and all the seasonings.
- Pour the dry mixture onto a piece of foil or wax paper, and dip the fillets into the seasoning, coating both sides.
- In a heavy cast iron fry pan heat the oil.
- Fry the fillets for 2 minutes on each side.
- Lay the fillets on a plate lined with a paper towel, cover with another paper towel, and pat to remove excess oil.
Pretty tasty used olive oil.. didn't make me feel as guilty. Would've use a little more cayenne pepper as I like my food with a kick. Overall nice, simple, fast dish.
Very good, loved the spiciness of it and will be making it again. I just made two fillets and used basa fish, but used the recipe amount of spices and had to use bran flakes, which had a nice nutty flavour. Thanks for posting.
Excellent flavor I didn't have wheat flakes cereal so I mixed half cornflake crumbs & half Panko - lovely crispy crust. I had a bit of sourcream dip left over and I lightly painted each side of the fish before dipping them in the seasoned crumbs. Enjoyed by all