- 4 catfish fillets (4 oz. each)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 ounce wheat flakes cereal
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash the fish fillets and pat dry.
- In a bowl mix the ground wheat flakes and all the seasonings.
- Pour the dry mixture onto a piece of foil or wax paper, and dip the fillets into the seasoning, coating both sides.
- In a heavy cast iron fry pan heat the oil.
- Fry the fillets for 2 minutes on each side.
- Lay the fillets on a plate lined with a paper towel, cover with another paper towel, and pat to remove excess oil.