Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A spicy treat that makes a wonderful hostess gift.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups raw cashews, unsalted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a jelly roll pan with a sheet of aluminum foi and set aside. May also use a Silpat mat.
- Place the butter, vinegar, Tabasco sauce, cayenne pepper, garlic salt annd salt in a medium-size heavy saucepan over medium heat and stir until the butter is melted and the seasonings are well incorporated.
- Add the cashews and toss until they are well coated with the mixture.
- Pour nuts onto the prepared and spread so they form a single layer.
- Bake until the nuts are dark golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes.
- When nuts are done, remove them from the oven and cool 5 minutes. Scrape the nuts and any dry seasonings from the bottom of the pan into a mixing bowl. Toss well.
This is a great recipe. I have to double it every time I make it.
These are delicious! However, our family likes a little more spice, so I upped the hot sauce to 1 tablespoon, and added a tad more cayenne. Thanks for sharing!!