Recipe by MC Baker
This is my standard potato salad now because so many people have complimented it. Switch out the non-fat yogurt or mayo depending on your health/taste preferences. I really really like the combo. A bit lighter, but have the tang from the yogurt and richness of the mayo.
- 5 large idaho potatoes, diced 1/2 inch
- 1⁄2 sweet onion, diced fine
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup nonfat yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 celery ribs, diced fine (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup Dijon mustard or 1⁄2 cup yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 teaspoon caper liquid
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Get large pot of cold salted water (a tbsp or two is fine) and put on high heat with diced potatoes and eggs inside.
- Once water comes to a boil set a timer for 5 minutes. Take eggs out and let cool in a bowl after timer goes off. When eggs are cooled dice.
- Continue to cook potatoes until they are tender, then drain.
- Combine all ingredients, taste and season. If you're refrigerating the salt may mellow as it is refrigerated. Found that out when I thought I'd overseasoned once. Salting the potatoes during cooking prevents too much salt change.