Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Haven't tried this yet but it looks yummy!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 (11 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- Sift all dry ingredients for the cake together.
- Mix with eggs and pineapples; pour into 9x13 greases and floured pan.
- Bake at 300 for 30-40 minutes; do NOT remove cake from pan.
- As soon as cake comes out of the oven, have icing ready and pour evenly on top.
- ICING:Combine sugar, maragrine, and milk in pot; cook over medium heat for 5 minutes DO NOT BOIL!
- Remove from heat and stir in cocount and pecans.
- Mix thoroughly and spread evenly on hot cake.
Terrific....this was the verdict on this wonderfuly moist cake. The pineapple in the cake was very good, combining with the tropical-like icing. It was a festive cake and was definately a crowd pleaser. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
Quite delicious flavor combinations. Cake was so easy to make and low-fat before adding the icing! I liked this cake idea very much. However, when I poured the cooked Icing on top the hot baked cake, it got very soggy. Next time I make this, I will use half the evaporated milk, and the stated amount of all other ingredients. That should make it perfect.
This is absolutely delicious and really easy to do. This was the first time I made it, but decided to convert some things to natural ingredients and it still turned out to be fantastic! I used whole wheat pastry flour, turbinado sugar, and fresh pineapple. For the icing, I used earth balance, coconut milk, and turbinado sugar. Soooooo good. I can't stop eating it.