Recipe by Britt O's sweetie pie
My DH and I were at a friend's house several years ago and this was a dish she made. My DH loves this during cold weather as it is a real comfort food with some french bread.
Top Review by Chef shapeweaver �
This was made on 6/06/09 for the " Hot, Spicy, and Tasty " event. Since it was just myself and SO, the recipe was cut in half.Since SO doesn't like peppers ,and I don't like hot sauce those were left out.For the white, black and cayenne peppers, 1/4 teaspoom each was used. But next time I think I'll only use about 1/8 each. I do agree with PanNan about the tomato sauce, the full 8 ounce can of tomato sauce will be used for a more " saucy " dish. It was a very good, " Hot, Spicy, and Tasty " dish ;) . Thanks for posting and, " Keep Smiling :) "
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 small chopped bell pepper
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup of uncooked long grain rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- white pepper
- black pepper
- cayenne pepper
- 4 -6 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1 small chopped cabbage
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown meat and add pepper, onion, garlic and drain if necessary.
- Stir in Rotel and tomato sauce and rice and all the seasonings.
- Spread in 13 x 9 x 2" pan. Top with chopped cabbage.
- Cover with cheese. Cover with foil and bake at 350°F for 65 to 75 minutes or until rice is tender.