Recipe by Barb G.
Garlic and Chili powder make the butter a perfect complement to fresh corn. The recipe comes from Light & Tasty.
Top Review by Bake Em N Take Em
Great flavor for corn--not too buttery & not too strong. I'd probably amp the ratio of cayenne though, just for a little extra spice. It's good for flavoring your rice too.
- 8 ears sweet corn
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper, coarsely ground
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth or 1⁄4 cup vegetable broth
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large kettle, bring 3 quarts water to a boil; add corn; return to boil; cook for 3 to 5 minutes or till tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter; stir in chili powder, pepper, garlic powder ans cayenne; cook and stir 1 minute.
- Combine cornstarch and broth until smooth; gradually whisk into butter mixture; bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Drain corn; serve with seasoned butter.