This is the best homemade burger I have ever eaten. We are not fans of garlic but we love Worcestershire sauce and we prefer flavor over health consciousness. By following this recipe you will get just a hint of garlic, mild spice, and a lot of Worcestershire flavor. If you like to really taste your garlic then you will need to add more. If you like spicy leave more seeds or increase the number of peppers and last but not least, if you are not a fan of Worcestershire sauce then cut back to 1 tbsp. If you want to be health conscious then use a lower fat meat but really watch your cooking time or it will be dry and lose a lot of flavor. In fact, if you go with sirloin or round I would suggest adding two pieces of white bread (crust removed) soaked in milk to your mix to retain moisture. My kids are VERY picky eaters and they love these burgers. (Take that McDonalds!)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning (Luzianne Cajun Seasoning)
- 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce (Sweet Baby Rays)
- 1Cajun Mayo:.
- 2Prepare the Cajun mayo by combining the mayo, Cajun seasoning, and BBQ sauce and stir. Taste and adjust (like your grandma always told you), then set aside.
- 3Pre-Heat Grill on High.
- 5Heat a small pan over medium high heat.
- 6Add the pat of butter to the pan and melt.
- 7Add the onions and sauté 2-3 minutes stir often.
- 8Add the peppers and continue to sauté 1-2 minutes.
- 9Add the garlic and sauté until fragrant.
- 10Remove the onion, pepper, garlic mixture from heat allow to cool (Stick it in the freezer if your stomach is growling!).
- 11Put the onion mixture into a large non-reactive bowl.
- 12Tear the hamburger into small pieces and place in the same bowl.
- 13Add the Worcestershire sauce.
- 14Sprinkle 1/2 of the tbsp of Cajun seasoning over the meat and mix gently but thoroughly with your hands. (No pockets of seasoning please!).
- 15Sprinkle the remaining Cajun seasoning and remix careful to not over work the meat.
- 16Form into patties slightly larger than your buns.
- 18Place the burgers on the grill and listen to it sear the meat.
- 19Reduce the heat to medium / medium high and continue cooking with the lid closed until the burgers are done to your liking flipping once.
- 20Add the cheese shortly after the flip to get a really good melt (Important for thick slices of cheese).
- 21Remember meat tastes better if not over cooked and the temperature will rise another 3-5 degrees after pulling the burgers from the grill. Cooking by temperature is the only way to get consistent results. I like to pull my burgers at 145-150 degrees.
Browse Our Top Cajun Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cajun Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cajun Burger With Spicy Southwest Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (181 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 380.6
- Calories from Fat 221
- Total Fat 24.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 100.4 mg
- Sodium 425.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 28.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: