Recipe by PanNan
This is a copycat recipe for the cajun chicken bites served in the food court in some malls. My family loves it. The prep time does not include the marinade time.
Top Review by johnvac52
These were tastey but a bit salty. Instead of baking in a single layer and continually marinating, I put the chicken in a covered casserole dish (reserving the excess marinade) and baked at 350 for 1 hour. Then followed the directions as instructed.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs (I think breast meat is too dry for this recipe) or 1 lb other boneless skinless chicken pieces, cut in bite-size chunks (I think breast meat is too dry for this recipe)
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 1⁄2 cup Bourbon (like Jim Beam)
- 2 tablespoons white wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all the marinade ingredients, except white wine, in a zip lock bag.
- Put chicken pieces in the bag.
- Refrigerate at least several hours (preferably overnight).
- Bake chicken at 350 F for one hour in a single layer, basting with marinade every 10 minutes.
- Remove chicken.
- Scrape pan juices with all the brown bits and pour into a skillet.
- Add any remaining marinade and add 2 tbsp white wine to the skillet.
- Heat and add chicken.
- Boil for one minute and serve over cooked rice, or as an appetizer with individual toothpicks in each piece of chicken.