Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this recipe in Cooking Light Annual Recipes 2008. It's being posted for ZWT. You can use this rub on white-fleshed fish fillets such as catfish or snapper, chicken breasts, shrimp, sprinkled on burgers or lightly oiled corn on the cob.
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Mix all ingredient together and store in airtight container up to 2 weeks.
This is a great rub that could be used on almost anything. It goes together quickly and has a little kick to it. I used it on fresh corn on the cob from my garden and it was delicious! I can't wait to try it on other things. Thank you for sharing! Made for ZWT9 Cajun/ Creole region for The Apron String Travelers.
I'm out of blackening spice so I mixed this up. Smells fabulous & will re-review after I actually use it! Made for ZWT9, Mike & the Appliance Killers!
Wonderful seasoning blend!! I used it on chicken tenders and will use this quite often. I had to use regular salt instead of the sea salt. As a matter of fact, tonight it's going on tilapia. Made for PAC Spring 2012.