Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is from the SLIMLINES column of the Thursday magazine. I hope you enjoy it!
- 6 (170 g) skinless red snapper fillets
- 2 tablespoons Cajun blackened spice mix
- 30 g unsalted butter, melted
- 90 ml lemon juice
- Heat a heavy non-stick skillet on medium heat in a well-ventilated area for 10 minutes or until it is very hot.
- Sprinkle seasoning over both sides of the fish to coat well.
- Cook the fish in the pan for 3 minutes or until the bottom is dark brown.
- Drizzle 4 gms.
- butter over each fillet.
- Gently turn the fish over.
- Carefully drizzle the blackened side of the fish with the remaining butter.
- Cook for 3 minutes or until the underside is dark brown and the fish is opaque throughout.
- Serve immediately drizzled with lemon juice.