Recipe by ChipotleChick
Wonderful and light way to make cajun blackened chicken! I serve it with dirty rice and veggies. It is also excellent the next day cold with light mayo, lettuce, and tomato on pita bread! If you want to lower the heat, omit the cayenne! This chicken is delicious!
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the oregano, spices (do not add thyme, that is for the end), and oil in a bowl, then rub over the chicken breasts to coat.
- Heat a large nonstick sauté pan over high heat for 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken, smooth side down.
- Pan fry for 2-3 minutes, until just beginning to blacken.
- Turn the chicken over, reduce heat, and cook for 3-6 minutes, until juices run clear.
- Sprinkle with a little salt and thyme just before serving.