Wonderful and light way to make cajun blackened chicken! I serve it with dirty rice and veggies. It is also excellent the next day cold with light mayo, lettuce, and tomato on pita bread! If you want to lower the heat, omit the cayenne! This chicken is delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the oregano, spices (do not add thyme, that is for the end), and oil in a bowl, then rub over the chicken breasts to coat.
- 2Heat a large nonstick sauté pan over high heat for 2 minutes.
- 3Add the chicken, smooth side down.
- 4Pan fry for 2-3 minutes, until just beginning to blacken.
- 5Turn the chicken over, reduce heat, and cook for 3-6 minutes, until juices run clear.
- 6Sprinkle with a little salt and thyme just before serving.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cajun Blackened Skillet Chicken!
Serving Size: 1 (123 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 166.0
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 77.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 27.5 g