Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Yet another recipe from my mother-in-law, who is probably the best cook that I personally know. This is, hands down, our favourite way to eat salmon in our house - and we eat a lot of it! The spice portion can be doubled and stored for later - I typically double or triple the recipe and store it in an airtight jar so that it is available whenever I want it.
- 4 -6 salmon fillets
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon onion salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 3⁄4 tablespoon white pepper
- 3⁄4 tablespoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 tablespoon thyme
- 1⁄2 tablespoon oregano
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sage
- Mix together spices in an airtight jar and shake until well blended.
- Sprinkle cajun spice liberally over salmon fillets on both sides.
- Melt butter in a large pan over medium high heat until sizzling hot.
- Place salmon fillets in butter and cook each side 4-8 minutes, depending on the size of the fillet. Be sure to cook one whole side before flipping to blacken properly.
This is an excellent recipe! Thank you for sharing. I added sea salt instead of table salt so it was a bit too salty. I will cut the salt in 1/2 next time.
This was the best spices on a salmon that I have ever had I am so pleased that I found it and my brother-in-law loved it too so happy thank you very much we will use it again and again
Far too salty as is. Next time I will half or quarter the amount of salt specified. The rest of the spices were right on, but could see that it could be too hot for some.