Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Yet another recipe from my mother-in-law, who is probably the best cook that I personally know. This is, hands down, our favourite way to eat salmon in our house - and we eat a lot of it! The spice portion can be doubled and stored for later - I typically double or triple the recipe and store it in an airtight jar so that it is available whenever I want it.
- 4 -6 salmon fillets
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon onion salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 3⁄4 tablespoon white pepper
- 3⁄4 tablespoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 tablespoon thyme
- 1⁄2 tablespoon oregano
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sage
- Mix together spices in an airtight jar and shake until well blended.
- Sprinkle cajun spice liberally over salmon fillets on both sides.
- Melt butter in a large pan over medium high heat until sizzling hot.
- Place salmon fillets in butter and cook each side 4-8 minutes, depending on the size of the fillet. Be sure to cook one whole side before flipping to blacken properly.
This is an excellent recipe! Thank you for sharing. I added sea salt instead of table salt so it was a bit too salty. I will cut the salt in 1/2 next time.
This was the best spices on a salmon that I have ever had I am so pleased that I found it and my brother-in-law loved it too so happy thank you very much we will use it again and again
This stirs my Cajun ancestral connections to hearth and home...which can make the sane and secure into raving maniacs.