I used catfish in this recipe, but it is good with any kind of fish.
Make and share this Cajun Blackened Fish recipe from Food.com.
- Mix pepper, hot paprika, sweet paprika, cayenne, garlic powder, onion powder, ground thyme, file powder, and mustard powder together in a small bowl to create the Cajun Blackening Mix.
- Pour the Cajun spice mix on a tray.
- Press the fish into the Cajun spice mix on both sides.
- Fry in a hot cast iron pan coated with oil and sear until fish is cooked and spices are blackened.
- Serve with your favorite cajun side dishes.