Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I used catfish in this recipe, but it is good with any kind of fish.
Make and share this Cajun Blackened Fish recipe from Food.com.
- Mix pepper, hot paprika, sweet paprika, cayenne, garlic powder, onion powder, ground thyme, file powder, and mustard powder together in a small bowl to create the Cajun Blackening Mix.
- Pour the Cajun spice mix on a tray.
- Press the fish into the Cajun spice mix on both sides.
- Fry in a hot cast iron pan coated with oil and sear until fish is cooked and spices are blackened.
- Serve with your favorite cajun side dishes.
I love blackened fish or chicken, and this was delicious! I seemed to taste the paprika a bit, so I might reduce that a tidge and increase the cayenne....but I like it hot! I also added a little oil in my cast iron skillet while heating. This isn't mentioned in the recipe, but I've never blackened fish without adding a bit of oil. Delicious spice combination! Made for New Kids Tag.