Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Woman's World 7/18/00. You will love these big, fluffy, peppery biscuits, and because they start with a convenient baking mix, you'll love how easy it is to make them!
- 2 1⁄3 cups bisquick baking mix
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Combine baking m ix, mustard powder, cracked pepper, cayenne, and garlic powder.
- Stir in milk until combined and dough just forms.
- Turn dough out onto work surface dusted with additional baking mix; roll out to 3/4-inch thickness.
- Using 2-1/2 inch round cutter, cut out 6 biscuits, rerolling scraps.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden.
- Brush tops with melted butter; serve warm with additional butter, if desired.
These were a tad dry for us. The flavor woke up our mouth but definitely dry. I made them as drop biscuits. Made for I Recommend Tag Game 2010.
OOOOOO-EEEEEE! These were GOOD. Rather than roll them out, I simply petted them into rounds in my hands. They ended up light and fluffy, a wee dry but not enough to be drop biscuits, and ever so spicy. It was enough spice to notice, but not enough to put off my kids, which was lovely. Next time I am adding a 1/2 c. of shredded sharp cheddar! Thank you for posting. Made for ZWT5, for the Groovy GastroGnomes.
I made these using Recipe #163739. The butter was placed on the warmed tops and allowed to melt into the biscuit. Made for *ZWT 5*