Recipe by bonnie-one
I came up with this following a good sale on round steak, and great crop of zucchini . Your choice of beef,or chicken, and what ever cheese you prefer makes it a family favorite. The Cajun flavor not too intense, and makes this one more good zucchini dish.
- 453.59 g lean beef, cut into small cubes (round steak)
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced (optional)
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 78.07 ml stuffed green olive, coursely chopped
- 425.24 g can diced tomatoes
- 4.92 ml penzeys cajun seasoning (or more to taste)
- 453.59 g rotini pasta
- 236.59 ml zucchini, coursely chopped, unpeeled
- salt & pepper
- 118.29 ml shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Brown cubed beef and onion in Olive Oil in a deep skillet. Add Olives, Cajun Seasoninbg, and undrained tomatoes. Stir simmer on low for 15 minutes.
- 2. Cook pasta in boiling, salted water water . Add the Zucchinui to the pasta for the last 5 minutes , to barely cook. Drain.
- 3. Combine pasta/zucchini with the beef mixture. Add salt & pepper to taste. Sprinkle on Cheddar Cheese.
- 4. Bake 30 minutes ate 350 degrees.