I came up with this following a good sale on round steak, and great crop of zucchini . Your choice of beef,or chicken, and what ever cheese you prefer makes it a family favorite. The Cajun flavor not too intense, and makes this one more good zucchini dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean beef, cut into small cubes (round steak)
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced (optional)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup stuffed green olive, coursely chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon penzeys cajun seasoning (or more to taste)
- 1 lb rotini pasta
- 1 cup zucchini, coursely chopped, unpeeled
- salt & pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 11. Brown cubed beef and onion in Olive Oil in a deep skillet. Add Olives, Cajun Seasoninbg, and undrained tomatoes. Stir simmer on low for 15 minutes.
- 22. Cook pasta in boiling, salted water water . Add the Zucchinui to the pasta for the last 5 minutes , to barely cook. Drain.
- 33. Combine pasta/zucchini with the beef mixture. Add salt & pepper to taste. Sprinkle on Cheddar Cheese.
- 44. Bake 30 minutes ate 350 degrees.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cajun Beef Zucchini Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (438 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 678.5
- Calories from Fat 141
- Total Fat 15.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 66.9 mg
- Sodium 311.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 92.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 39.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
stuffed green olives