Prep 15 mins
Cook 9 hrs
A spicy beef stew made in the crock pot for a cold winter evening. Serve with hot bread for a delicious meal. Add an extra tablespoon of the Cajun seasoning if you like your food hot and spicy.
- 1⁄4 cup Caribbean jerk marinade
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef stew meat
- 4 medium potatoes, cut into 1/4 's
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon spicy cajun seasoning
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomatoes, diced and undrained
- 2 bell peppers, coarsely chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- Pour marinade over meat in a plastic food storage bag or dish; coat beef and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Spray the inside of a 4 to 5 qt crock pot with cooking spray.
- Place potatoes in the crock pot.
- Mix flour and Cajun seasonings; toss with beef and marinade, coating well.
- Place beef and marinade on top of the potatoes.
- Add the tomatoes.
- Cover and cook on low setting 7 to 8 hours or until beef is done.
- Stir in vegetables.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Yum!! Delicious and easy to put together!!
I was pleasantly surprised by this recipe as I was expecting it to be spicy, but I thought it had more of a slightly sweet taste. The children really enjoyed the flavor. Next time, for myself, I'll add more cajun seasoning and maybe a little cayenne pepper after serving. Overall, we enjoyed it served over rice with cornbread. Thanks for sharing!