Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This was served to me at lunch the other day it is tasty low in fat and easy to do. I am not sure where the recipe comes from so have name it after my friend Barbara
- 500 g beef rump, sliced fairly thin
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced thin
- 1 medium red capsicum, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning (your favourite)
- 3 medium tomatoes
- 1 French baguette
- lettuce leaf
- Heat an oiled large pan and cook the beef in batches until browned and done to your liking.
- Add the onion, capsicum and seasoning to same pan and cook stirring until the onion is browned lightly.
- Cut each tomato into 8 wedges and add to the pan& simmer uncovered about 15 mins until the mixture thickens.
- Return the beef to the pan and toss to combine with the tomato mixture.
- Trim ends from bread stick; quarter the stick then split the pieces almost all the way through.
- Line the bread with lettuce leaves and divide the beef mixture among the bread pieces just before serving.
Oh this is great, I was only serving 2 and used 300 grams rump steak and 2 tomatoes, I also cut the cajun spice by half as my son doesnt like things too spicy. Really enjoyed the vegetable mix, great recipe.