Recipe by Sharon123
Try this red bean dip, spiked with lemon juice and garlic and garnished with colorful red peppers, onions and celery. It's great party food to satisfy everyone, including those in search of veggies.
- 2 (850.48 g) can red kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 59.14 ml lemon juice
- 59.16 ml extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 14.79 ml mild cajun seasoning
- 1 garlic clove, more to taste
- 59.14 ml finely chopped red bell pepper, plus 4-6 whole red bell peppers, sliced
- 59.14 ml finely chopped celery
- 59.14 ml finely chopped sweet onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Purée beans, lemon juice, 3 tablespoons oil, seasoning and garlic in a food processor until very smooth and creamy.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Garnish with chopped peppers, celery and onion.
- Drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon oil and serve with sliced peppers for dipping.