Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Try this red bean dip, spiked with lemon juice and garlic and garnished with colorful red peppers, onions and celery. It's great party food to satisfy everyone, including those in search of veggies.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans red kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon mild cajun seasoning
- 1 garlic clove, more to taste
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper, plus 4-6 whole red bell peppers, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- Purée beans, lemon juice, 3 tablespoons oil, seasoning and garlic in a food processor until very smooth and creamy.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Garnish with chopped peppers, celery and onion.
- Drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon oil and serve with sliced peppers for dipping.