Try this red bean dip, spiked with lemon juice and garlic and garnished with colorful red peppers, onions and celery. It's great party food to satisfy everyone, including those in search of veggies.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (15 ounce) cans red kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon mild cajun seasoning
- 1 garlic clove, more to taste
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper, plus 4-6 whole red bell peppers, sliced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1Purée beans, lemon juice, 3 tablespoons oil, seasoning and garlic in a food processor until very smooth and creamy.
- 2Transfer to a bowl.
- 3Garnish with chopped peppers, celery and onion.
- 4Drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon oil and serve with sliced peppers for dipping.
Browse Our Top Peppers Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cajun Bean Dip With Red Bell Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (1371 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 200.8
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 9.3 g