Recipe by iewe
Found this on the web -- sounds different then the traditional corn and seafood stuff out there, and the red beans and broccoli would give it some nice color.
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 teaspoon thyme leaves, dried
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram leaves, dried
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 potato, peeled and diced
- 1 cup broccoli floret (small)
- 1 (15 ounce) can red beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cream-style corn
- 8 ounces shrimp, peeled, deveined (or more if desired)
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté onion, thyme, marjoram and crushed red pepper in butter in large saucepan until onion is tender (about 5 minutes).
- Stir in flour and cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in milk and potato; heat to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 5 minutes.
- Add broccoli, beans and corn, and simmer, covered, until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes, adding shrimp during the last 5 minutes.