Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This hardy stew recipe came from our local REMC electric co-op. Quick, easy and most items can be found on your pantry shelf. Enjoy! You can substitute beef broth for the vegetable broth for a more hearty stew.
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can red beans, drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 3⁄4 cup small shell pasta, uncooked
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 -14 ounce vegetable broth
- 1⁄4 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup celery (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- Mix all ingredients in a 2 quart saucepan.
- Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer 15 minutes, until macaroni is tender.
This stew is fabulous. Quick and easy to prepare and very tasty! I used a can of creamed corn and some kielbasa along with the listed ingredients. Will do that again!
I really enjoyed this! I used black beans and great northern beans.....reading the reviews I saw most used navy beans instead of kidney/red beans, so picked northern beans. I used chicken broth instead of the vegetable broth. Love the slight hint of heat from the green chiles. This was very filling and quick and easy to make! Thanks for sharing such a great recipe. Once again, BakinBaby gets it done!
Cajun cookin' fer sure, Babe! Spicy with lots of herby flavors. DELISH! Made for Everyday's a Holiday Tag Game and Ragin' Cajun in Cooking Photos.