Recipe by crazymom
This is a good low fat and tasty quick pizza--nice for lunch or dinner.
Top Review by Kate in Ontario
Great pizza. I used low fat spicy Italian chicken sausage along with chicken breasts that had been dusted lightly with cajun seasoning and browned in roasted garlic olive oil. I used half mozarella and half tex-Mex blend cheese. This will be a regular in our house for sure.
- 1 large Boboli pizza crusts or 1 large any pre-made pizza dough, you like
- 1⁄2 lb sausage, cooked and crumbled (you can use a sausage meat substitute like gimme lean)
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and cut into strips
- 1 small zucchini, about 6 oz. sliced thin
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 (4 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons Emeril's Original Essence or 2 teaspoons other cajun seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 dash hot sauce, to taste
- 8 ounces grated cheese (I use mozzarella)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put onions, tomato sauce, tomatoes, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, and all the seasonings into food processor; puree for about 15 seconds until smooth.
- Pour sauce into pan and cook for 30 minutes on medium heat.
- Spread half of the sauce on the crust then lay zucchini slices and chicken. Sprinkle sausage and bell peppers on top and then spoon on more sauce and cover with cheese.
- Bake about 15 minutes at 350°F.