Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe came from my sister-in-law and is a great side dish for any barbecue. Quick and easy to put together and you can adjust the heat to your liking. We like spicy so I use Stubb's Hot Barbecue sauce for this recipe.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (31 ounce) can pork and beans
- 6 tablespoons catsup
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce (to taste)
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet and pour off the grease.
- Stir in the onion and bell pepper and saute.
- Transfer beef mixture to a 2-quart casserole and add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Dish can be refrigerated at this point and baked when ready to serve.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
One of the better baked beans I've had in a long time! Just added a little more Tabasco to up the heat a bit, otherwise made just as directed. Thnx for sharing your recipe, Nancy! Made for KcK's Forum as a reward review.