Recipe by Julie Leo
I ran across this smoothie when I was down in New Orleans with my husband. After 3-4 of these I convinced the bartender to let me have the recipie.
- 1 large ripe banana, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 cup fresh strawberries, sliced thin
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk (2%)
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup banana yogurt
- 1 fluid ounce dark rum
- 1 fluid ounce banana-flavor brandy
- 1⁄4 teaspoon orange rind, grated
- 3 slices bananas, to garnish
- 3 sprigs mint, to garnish
- 3 whole strawberries, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Place bananas& strawberries in a bowl and freeze.
- Remove after frozen& place in a blender.
- Add skim milk, yogurt, orange peel,& sugar.
- blend at medium speed until thick.
- Add rum& brandy.
- Pour into a chilled champagne saucer.
- Arrange strawberries,banana slices,& mint on long toothpicks.
- Rotate into drink& serve.
- Varation: you could use about any berry in this and it will still be great.