Julie Leo's Note:
I ran across this smoothie when I was down in New Orleans with my husband. After 3-4 of these I convinced the bartender to let me have the recipie.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large ripe banana, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup skim milk (2%)
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 cup banana yogurt
- 1 fluid ounce dark rum
- 1 fluid ounce banana-flavor brandy
- 1/4 teaspoon orange rind, grated
- 3 slices bananas, to garnish
- 3 sprigs mint, to garnish
- 3 whole strawberries, to garnish
- 1Place bananas& strawberries in a bowl and freeze.
- 2Remove after frozen& place in a blender.
- 3Add skim milk, yogurt, orange peel,& sugar.
- 4blend at medium speed until thick.
- 5Add rum& brandy.
- 6Pour into a chilled champagne saucer.
- 7Arrange strawberries,banana slices,& mint on long toothpicks.
- 8Rotate into drink& serve.
- 9Varation: you could use about any berry in this and it will still be great.
Browse Our Top Smoothies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cajun Banana Smoothie
Serving Size: 1 (339 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 262.2
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 1.2 mg
- Sodium 40.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 26.0 g
- Protein 4.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: