Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A different way to prepare baked sweet potatoes. The recipes comes from "Cooking with the Diabetes Chef".
- 1⁄2 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine the paprika,brown sugar, black pepper, onion powder,thyme, rosemary, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper.
- Slice the sweet potatoes in half lengthwise; rub the halves with olive oil, then rub the seasoning mix over the open half of each potato.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until the sweet potatoes are tender.
These were excellent and with my dh being diebetic these worked great
I peeled and cut the potatoes into chunks. Tossed with olive oil, then spices. Took a little less baking time. I made this with my friend, who loves spicy food, in mind. Well, turns out he doesn't care that much for sweet potatoes. I, on the other hand, love sweet potatoes, but not so much, the spicy foods. If you like both, I believe this recipe would most likely be a winner.
This is my new standard recipe for sweet potatoes. I have cut these into chunks and into fries instead of leaving them whole. Mostly because I'm impatient to eat them and don't want to wait for the potato left whole.