Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Adapted from Southern Living.
Make and share this Cajun Baked Catfish recipe from Food.com.
- In a shallow container, mix together the first 2 ingredients; dredge catfish fillets in the cornmeal mixture.
- Place fillets on a greased baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the cajun seasoning over the fillets.
- Drizzle with butter.
- Bake in a 400° oven for 30 minutes or until golden and fish flake with a fork.
- Garnish with lemon wedges if desired.
We really enjoyed this fish. The only negative comment I have would be that I wasted a cup of cornmeal - I had two pounds of catfish and 1 cup would have been more than enough. Thanks for posting this - will definitely make this again.
I have made this a few times now... First time, followed the recipe, and even with the salt amounts half the "original" this was way way too salty. Next times I made it, and the flavor made it worth the next times even tho it was salty, I left out the salt completely, cut back on the seasoning salt, and just put tiny pats of cold butter on top of each fillet rather than pour a ton of butter over everything... I think I used about half the butter called for that way. With changes, this is one of my favorite catfish recipes.
I made these today for lunch and wow..these were really salty! I love catfish though and I did eat it because the parts with less of the crust were delicious. Next time I would omit the salt & seasoning salt and stick to the cajun seasoning. Thanks for an easy recipe NurseDi!