Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
this was a favorite of my mom's. good enough for a complete meal!
Make and share this Cajun Baked Beans recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground chuck, crumbled
- 1 lb pork sausage, crumbled,i like hot but mild is ok (optional)
- 1 (12 ounce) package bacon, cut into small pieces (before cooking--partially freeze the bacon it is easier to cut up into small pieces)
- 1 medium onion, chopped coarse
- 8 -16 ounces mild cheddar cheese or 8 -16 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated (depending how cheesy you like it)
- 3 (16 ounce) cans pork and beans
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1 tablespoon catsup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- brown bacon in large skillet.
- -addonion before totally brown to saute' it.
- then add sausage and ground chuck.
- brown all the meat.
- drain all grease off.
- add pork n beans and all other ingredients (EXCEPT CHEESE) and cook on low until beans are cooked down.
- add cheese right before serving.
- you may keep the beans in a crock pot to keep them hot.
- great to take to cookouts or church dinners as they keep really well and taste great.