Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
From New Iberia in southern Louisiana. If you don't want spicy, omit the chiles and adobo sauce. This is good with grilled or barbequed meat.
- 1 (2 lb) can pork and beans
- 1 large onion, sliced and ringed
- 3⁄4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 6 slices bacon, cut into small pieces
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 2 chipotle chiles, chopped
- 2 teaspoons adobo sauce, from chiles
- Partially cook the bacon (do not brown).
- Mix beans, onion,sugar, dry mustard, bacon with drippings, ketchup, chiles and sauce into a greased casserole dish.
- Bake uncovered in a 325º F oven for 2 1/2 hours.
Beans are great!!! And so is New Iberia!!! Cajun Country!
These beans are good! I made them and my cousin and I ate bar-b-que her husband cooked! :-)Thanks, we'll eat them again!
Doubled, using the chiles and sauce and simmered in the crockpot, these beans were very popular at our weekend cookout. Didn't change a thing and when I make these again, I'll make just as written. No need to tinker with a winner! Thanks for posting!