Simple, cheap, good
Make and share this Cajun Alfredo Sauce (Matt) recipe from Food.com.
- Heat the cream in a heavy bottom sauce pan over medium-low heat, make sure the pan is big enough to hold the pasta you will be adding the sauce to.
- When the cream just begins to bubble, add the cajun seasoning and stir.
- When the cream begins to bubble again add the butter and stir it in as it melts, whisk or stir until the butter is incorporated.
- Bring the mixture just to a simmer, reduce the heat to low, and add the cheese a little at a time, stirring as you add it.
- When all the cheese is incorporated, strain your pasta and add immediately to the sauce and stir to coat the noodles.
- Serve quickly.
I sauted some chicken breast chunks and fresh mushrooms. Served this sauce over penne noodles with the chicken and mushrooms. <br/>So easy to make and very tasty.<br/>Reminds me of a cajun style pasta dish at one of my favourite restaurants.
Yum! I couldn't believe how much flavor there was in this with only 4 ingredients. Quick, simple, and good. Thanks Chefwmatt for a nice treat. Made for Spring PAC 2011.