Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A nice, vibrant, and very simple soup with loads of flavour.
- 1 teaspoon butter or 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 -3 red chilies, chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sweet potatoes, cubed
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- Fry onion in the oil until soft, 2 - 3 minutes.
- Add garlic, chilis, and paprika. Fry another 2-3 minutes.
- Add sweet potatoes, and mix to coat with spices.
- Add vegetable stock, bring to a boil, and then simmer until the veg are tender (about 20 min).
- Purée soup with a blender, food processor, or wand blender.