1/1 Photo of Caitlin's Peanut Butter Cookies
My mom used to make these for me, and me for my daughter--now when she comes home I get her to make a batch for me! Simple, satisfying, and they smell great when they're cooking!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chunk (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Beat butter in large mixing bowl till soft.
- 3Add sugars gradually to butter, blending till creamy.
- 4Beat in egg, peanut butter, salt, and baking soda, till well combined.
- 5Add flour to the batter, mixing well, then vanilla.
- 6If using, add the chocolate chunks at this point. Batter will be stiff.
- 7Roll dough into small balls and place on greased cookie sheet.
- 8With the tines of a fork, press 'tic-tac-toe' design into cookies. These don't spread too much, so you'll be flattening them to about 1/2-inch high.
- 9If you used chocolate chunks, the pattern won't be perfect--that's fine!
- 10Bake about 15 minutes, till golden brown.
- 11Remove carefully while still warm, and let cool on wire rack.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caitlin's Peanut Butter Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1053 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 162.6
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 18.9 mg
- Sodium 159.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 3.7 g