Recipe by Kitty Z
Absolutely the best brownies I have found. Don't worry about hunting down any "caithiseach," it's just Irish for delicious.
Top Review by Lorrie in Montreal
Made for PAC Fall 2009. Definitely Caithiseach!!!!!! I used the lesser amount of baking poowder and the chocolate numminess factor of this brownie is off the chart...by far the best brownie I have ever made.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup mini chocolate chip
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt butter, combine with sugars and cocoa.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Add vanilla.
- Mix flour, salt, and baking powder (reduce to 1 tsp of baking powder for denser brownies).
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry, mixing well. (Though if you're short on bowls, you can dump the flour etc right on top of the wet stuff and it will not make much difference if you mix it really well.).
- Once everything is mixed add in the chocolate chips.
- Spread in a greased or nonstick 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Bake until toothpick comes out clean, approximately 25 minutes.